HOME

Post 202 - Breezy

I have no idea why this pic is so huge. This is me and Arthur Lebaron, he ran it with his wife and son. He took this pic and then posted it on Kyle's facebook with the caption. Kyle where are you? haha
I forgot to do the whole 200 post thing, so this is post 202 for me. I realized I have done 100 posts since Gus has been born:)
Breezy. You know when you watch the weather guy and he says its going to be a little BREEZY in St. George/Hurricane? Well his definition of BREEZY is way off... I jokingly told a friend when I picked up my race packet that if it was going to be as BREEZY(windy) as it was right then she wouldn't see me there. So 4:50 am rolls around, in the state of mind I am in (Gus and Kyle took turns waking up every hour I literally got maybe 3 hours of sleep) I decide its not THAT BREEZY and I should just get ready and not sleep through another race;) We board the buses and the entire time I am on the bus I am thinking I should run to my car and grab Kyle's sweater that was sitting on the ground in the backseat... Hindsight is 20/20 ya know. We get dropped off in Elim Valley and the moment I step off the bus I knew just what BREEZY meant. I was freezing my hiney off. Luckily there were people there with plastic garbage bags so I made a make shift windbreaker that saved my hiney. I ran with it on until mile 10. The wind gusts were crazy, I felt as if I wasn't moving. I kept thinking that as soon as I climb the enormous Sand Hollow hill the wind would die down. Well I climb the dang thing and it was 100 times more gusty! I was freezing, not in half marathon shape, and hating the BREEZY gusts every step of the race. There was a police truck a couple ladies behind me following us and I thought for sure I was one of the last runners on the course. So I booked it, well I told my mind I was booking it I think I was doing 13-14 minute miles by the last two miles of the race;) I didn't want to be the last runner or even considered one of the last. I mean how embarrassing is that! I told Kyle this and he told me there were lots of people behind me, if I had only known I would have walked a little of the last two miles. I finished definitely not my fastest race, but I finished. It took me 160 minutes, and I was so happy to be done to squeeze both of my boys! My sweet hubby played with the boy and kept him entertained while I ran!!

I just checked weather.com. Windy 20 mph with gusts of 30 mph. crazy crazy

8 comments:

  1. You are a brave woman! That "breezy" day I remember not really making any progress walking against the wind - I can't imagine running against it! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was windy here today, and I was thinking, at least we're not in Hurricane. I'm surprised you notice a 30mph gust at all - that's the norm. Your yard looks spectacular, btw. Who is that chubby guy mowing your lawn? Looking forward to your visit in 2 months - I'll try to get our yard as nice as yours before then so Gus can feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I would have known that was today. I would have brought the kids down to cheer you in. May be that way Meg would still have some hair left. Great job on finishing! Not bad for the quick training session you managed to squeeze in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing you. Why would we run a race in a town called HURRICANE? What were we thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mindee, I'm assuming your talking about me, for watching Gus for the longest time he has been away from his mother. I don't need praises or cheers, part of me just being me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHATEVER, Kyle. You need to watch Gus all day, and night, before you get a pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a rockstar. (Not you, Kyle).

    ReplyDelete