HOME

17 Months

 Isn't he so smart, he is already writing his name, in block letters nonetheless!! We always knew we would have a genius child I mean look at both of our ACT scores;)



Gus is 17 months. 
His usual words are truck, car, stuck, es (friends), ball, chs (chickens), hot, no, yes, please, treats. He loves the great outdoors you can tell by how blonde his hair is getting and his tan lines. He loves chasing the poor chickens around and around their coup. He is starting to play with his dump trucks in the dirt and riding them. He LOVES playing with friends, he will look out our front window and say es(friends). He is throwing more and more tantrums everyday. He has learned how to pull my hair and hit me which is my least favorite thing (how they learn this I don't know). His most favorite thing is to play in Kyle's truck or my car, he literally spends a good hour turning every knob and eating all of the gum he can find. He goes to bed around 9 and wakes up at 9. He takes one nap a day at 2 and it lasts 2 hours. He has almost all of his teeth for his age, his bottom k9's are popping through as I type this. The k9's are the worst I have decided. He fights going to bed, but once I lay him down he cries for 1 minute then is quiet. He helps me garden, put the laundry in the washer and dryer, pick up his toys, and put the chickens away. He loves shoes and sunglasses. His favorite food is edamame and oatmeal with cinnamon sugar. I have always thought I would love the newborn stage the most, but as he gets older the more fun I find myself having. He makes me laugh everyday, by the things he says or does. Church is very difficult right now. I attribute it to the 1pm start time, lets just say he is a handful!! 2 more weeks until nursery!!!!! He is all boy and goes goes goes.

6 comments:

  1. I would like Gus to consider me his es. (Friend) Can we please get together so I can join him in torturing chickens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds just like a boy loving to play in cars and finding all of your gum! Parker still finds my gum. He now takes the car keys, unlocks the car, and steals my gum.
    Gus is a cutie! His eyes look like yours. I have a picture of you and me in my scrapbook from years and years ago and he looks like you did as a little girl.
    I'm curious about those ACT scores now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny he does all the same things as Marshall. Hitting, fighting bed, loves friends, will sit in our car/truck forever... so funny! He's adorable and I love the name on the sidewalk. Such a cute idea. Reminds me of drawing pictures in middle school. I also love the toddler stage. I could do without the temper tantrums, but I love watching them learn and figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, Emilye, or Emile, you're always changing it girl, and it gets so annoying. I may be stopping by to catch those things sooner than you hoped. I love getting scared to death by those scaly, reptilian looking legs (Is it true you still eat those?) Maybe Lee and tan can stop by with me so that they feel included. The poor saps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha "stuck" is a word every boy learns young :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love fun little gus! He is such a boy. Fab chalk art, Gus!

    ReplyDelete