HOME

Backyard Love


Our backyard as of late. Well, the spots we are still working on. We want to move the chicken coup away from the tramp and the high flying balls coming at the coup. We are thinking over by the grow box somewhere. We also want to put a sandbox where the chickens are currently. The last honey do is put grass in the big open dirt area in the above picture. So here are my questions. Would you build a sandbox like the grow box or put it flush with the sidewalk? Where exactly would you put the chickens? 

4 comments:

  1. Our sandbox is above ground and I like it that way. I've seen a handful of people do it that way too, so I vote above. I'll have to ask Colby why he wanted it up... He could have easily dug the hole for it with some equipment, so maybe there was an actual good reason behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is somewhat above ground also. We just used railroad ties and filled them in with dirt. One railroad tie is flush with the concrete path. It contains the dirt pretty good unless Brooks is dumping it out on purpose. And when I mow lawns the clippings and debris stay out of it pretty good. Plus they can easily turn it into a river, swamp, mud pit, etc without too much mess. I think either way would look nice, but above ground really helps define your space better. I was going to say put the chickens in the corner by the shed but depending on the sun there I don't know. They have to have so much sunlight a day to give you the best egg laying they can do. (Ask mom, she would know how much.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to email u a drawing of what i think u should do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were over there Macy was standing at your grow box with a shovel playing in it. I loved how it was "at her level". So I say above ground so Gus can enjoy playing in the sand from outside of the sandbox too. I already told you where on the chickens but what about facing the same direction they are now but up against the little shed? Do they like/need shade?

    ReplyDelete