HOME

Grateful



I hate that this wreck happened to us. I hate that every time I have a quiet moment or close my eyes the sounds we heard after we were hit race back to my mind. I hate (for now) the guy that hit us. But. I am also grateful we were all wearing our seat belts. I am grateful Gus and Kyle have no serious injuries. I am grateful I have many more days with my little family. It is a weird thing parenthood, at times like these you wish for a brief second that you don't have kids. So you don't have to worry or feel bad that you put them through this. I know there are going to be many more hard trials for Gus ahead and I hate that I can't do anything about them just like the crash. I am grateful for the power of prayer. We have been saying nightly prayers as a family and reading one verse out of the BOM with Gus each night. I know these acts have kept us safe. On our way to St. George that night we were talking about starting a new Thanksgiving tradition of fasting 24 hours the day before Thanksgiving. Kyle said he wasn't going to do it the day before because of pumpkin pancakes the morning of Thanksgiving ( I mean who could not eat those right?) but that we should do it the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I know fasting has kept us safe. 

Neither of us want to drive at night anymore, and I don't think Kyle has driven since the day of the accident. I keep asking myself the what if questions. What if I didn't run in the house after we were all in the car to grab the keys and while I was at it put some dishes in the sink. What if we would have moved Gus' car seat to the other side last Sunday like we had talked about. What if we had listened to Kyle's prompting to stop by Walmart really quickly to exchange out something we had bought there the day before. So so many what ifs that could have prevented this whole thing. 

 The UHP that was there kept telling me he was so thankful that we were responsible people who wore seat belts and buckled our kid in his car seat. 

I am just grateful for my family and for car seats and seat belts.

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys are all ok. Having kids changes everything and I can relate. As soon as Roudy told me the first thing I asked was is Gus ok. Lots to be grateful for this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure are thankful that you guys are safe as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. after seeing those pictures i am so happy to know that you and your family are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! That is scary! You always have what if's to deal with, but you have so much to be grateful for. Were you in the car as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you guys are all okay - when I first started reading your post on facebook I got so worried. Nothing is ever the same once kids are involved.
    It is crazy to think of all the what-if's, but it will only stress you out. For all you know, taking the extra time to put the dishes in the sink saved you from a much more serious crash somewhere else on your drive.... as hard as it is, no good will come from entertaining those thoughts. The only thing you can do is keep being responsible parents, drivers, and people - Gus is a lucky kid to have such great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh so scary! Just be grateful the Lord was watching out for your little family. Don't stress yourself out with the what ifs. There is a plan for us. Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo thankful you guys are ok!! That's soo scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you guys are okay! Just looking at the pics of your car made my heart race, car accidents suck

    ReplyDelete