HOME

12 Month Routines

Dallas Sullivan (dallphoto) took our pictures last week. She posted this one on Facebook and I love it!

I was reading some old posts from when Gus was just a wee little one that wasn't sleeping. Don't miss those days AT ALL, but I thought it handy to see all of the progress he has made with his routines and sleeping habits. So... here is his 12 month routine.


8:00-9:00 am anywhere during this hour he decides to arise for the day
9:00-11:00 am we eat breakfast, get dressed, play, whine, play, eat snacks
11:00-12:00 I usually lay him down for his first nap, but I am going to start just giving him 1 nap a day!
1:00 pm or so he wakes up and we eat
1:00-3 or 4 we play. it is warm enough outside at this time that we usually walk to get the mail or play on the tramp and of course we eat snacks
4:00 lay him down for his second nap that as of the last week he doesn't want to take so I am going to start putting him down for his nap at 2 (which I did today because of church)
5:00 or 5:30 he wakes up we start making dinner, eat and play until
7:00 we bathe for 20 minutes or so, while I lotion the boy K-diddy is brushing his teeth as we sing the Raffi song. Then we let him play eat some snacks then 
7:45 we read a book together as a family then say family prayers (thanks Mindee) then me and the boy walk towards his room calling out "Teddy" it is quite cute to hear him try to yell teddy. It comes out as just a t sound but it is adorable. We pick up teddy then
8:00 feed the boy give him a kiss on the cheek and lay him in his bed. Hand him teddy and his blanket and usually 95% of the time he rolls over and falls asleep.


I have been weaning him the last 2 weeks I am down to just feeding him when I put him down for his naps and at night. I have been doing the La Leche League don't offer don't refuse policy, so sometimes if he signs milk to me during the day I will feed him. This only happens randomly and not very ofter. He likes whole milk more and more every day!


Favorite Foods As of Now
-Bananas 
-String cheese
-dried apples
-strawberries/raspberries
-rolls
-BACON
-applesauce
-rice with creamy chicken


I got a pamphlet that said kids will refuse foods at least 10 times before they start to like it so I keep introducing things that he just spits out instantly. I have given him rice and soup at least 10 times and every time he spits it out, but I did make a crockpot creamy chicken that we put over rice and he devoured it. 


He just started walking the last couple of weeks by himself. The last few days he has been able to stand from sitting on the ground and start walking. It is pretty cute to watch him wobble everywhere. For some reason his best walking is done in between 6 and 8 at night. 


He has 6 teeth on top and 4 teeth on bottom


If I hand him his socks and shoes he tries to put them on his feet. It is pretty hilarious to watch him trying his hardest to figure it out.


He can say
-kitty
-dada
-mom
-ball
-makes a fish face when you say fish
-moo for cow
-cheese
-shoes (shhh)
-will wave his hand in front of his nose when you say pee you
-da (dog)


12 month stats
weight: 17.56 lbs first percentile
length: 29.5 inches 29th percentile


Penny (Gus' Dr.) recommended pediasure for the tiny little boy. He fell off his growth curve considerably the last 6 months, so I am to give him pediasure for a month then bring him back in to get weighed. Hopefully he will start gaining more!

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised he doesn't weigh more since bacon was on his list of favorites. :-) I've really lucked out with non-picky eaters. I know i was a really picky eater, so i REALLY lucked out. Put a video up of him walking. I love to see little kids when they're just learning to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read. It's amazing how they grow and learn so fast! You'll be glad you documented this for later use, and comparing with other kids :)

    ReplyDelete