HOME

Events from a Sunday

Walking on our newly paved sidewalks and enjoying our newly paved road!!!! Well worth the wait. Gus loves walking these days. He can't quite walk alone, but he sure does love to hold on to a finger and walk. He gets really upset if you pick him up. He has been super whiny this last week. I hope its his teeth, because it is getting really old. I want to read parenting books, anyone have any suggestions on some good ones?


I wrote this post a week ago, and just found a new tooth. So hopefully (cross our fingers) Gus the Bus will be back to his old happy self


3 comments:

  1. Bode had those same green converse shoes! I felt like crying the day I realized he'd grown out of them. I keep meaning to tell you that you guys look great!!! It seems like you both have lost so much weight this past year. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in reading parenting books.....really. Not because I don't like to read, but because every child is so different and the way you have to parent changes with each of them. Everyone thinks they have the right answer and I think you just have to pray and receive inspiration for that child and situation. I don't know, maybe there are some great ideas and books out there, but it seems like once you start your second book it contradicts the first one you read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found the Parenting magazine to be helpful. Some other books I have read that seemed to have valuable things were The No-Cry Discipline Solution by Elizabeth Pantley, Why Gender Matters: What Parents and Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences by Leonard Sax, 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
    by Thomas W. Phelan. I don't really stick to one "method" or book, but just like to see what solutions are out there and pick the ones that I think will work with my kids and whatever situation I am facing at that moment. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete