HOME

...And...He Turns One...

the taj mahal











this is how he felt by the end of the night...

The little not so little boy turned a whopping ONE on Saturday!
We started celebrating the night before with glow sticks in the bath. Then to bed he went, and I got to work blowing up 30 balloons to hang from the ceiling, and have all over the floor. The day was spent with Jackson helping with Gus while I made his birthday cake which turned out to look like the Taj Mahal...lol... I had the highest hopes for that little cake, I had to call my mom over to help me "fix" the thing. Cake balls are hard to make then you think, they just weren't turning out perfectly smooth like I had hoped so I only made a few. The whole entire cake was supposed to be covered in the blue cake balls, but alas it wasn't. We had a celebration for the boy that evening with family. He got spoiled, so far his favorite present is the floating whale for the bath that shoots water out its spout. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like he had a great day. He is such a cute ltttle stinker. I'm surprised he didn't get fishing gear from his daddy. Isn't he old enough to start wading in those rivers with his dad yet? I'll send you a link to the video that helped me finally make perfectly round and smooth cake balls. It made all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time seriously flies doesn't it!?!? Seems like just yesterday I came to your shower with little Marshall man. Sorry we didn't make it up to see you. I knew you'd have lots of people over and Marshall was semi-whinny and we didn't feel up to risking a screaming few hours in the car. But let's get together soon. Really want to see that cute little guy of yours. Happy Birthday Gus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog! That first year goes by so fast huh? Gus is so cute - I LOVE his big brown eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cake is really cute! I have been stressing over what to do for Miles' cake. I still have no idea. I love the picture of you Kyle, and Gus on the couch! First b-days are so special :) Happy 1st Birthday Gus!

    ReplyDelete