HOME

Box Z



 Ballard Brand Box Z

 the man behind it all Grandpa Ballard

Gus' first horseride




 I had to take a picture of Kyle's cactus infested pants hanging on the cabin. Remember THIS POST? haha

Gus had his first experience of branding at the Ballard Ranch and he loved every second of it. Well, except for the moment that a calf charged at us and stepped on Great Grandpa Ballard's foot and I screamed. Once the men get back to the ranch after collecting all of the cattle they separate the calf's between the two families then we brand ours in a little coral and they brand theirs in a big open coral. Well, once we got them in the little coral one of the calf's got excited and charged at us and needless to say I screamed and scared Gus half to death, Brandy got a little up close and personal with me at the same time. It was pretty funny and scary. Kyle wore his best cowboy getup this time, but Dirk and Kade Ballard still found something to tease him about. One year he wore shorts and skater shoes out there and they teased him the entire time, and they even branded his leg (he still has a scar). He learned his lesson that year and hasn't worn shorts since. It is quite fun watching the true cowboys bring in the cattle and rope the calf's.
Me and Gus ran the Spooktacular 5k earlier this same morning so I was a witchy runner, it was a blast. That is why this random witch picture is on here!

4 comments:

  1. I love that pic of Kyle and gus both at the fence. So cute :) I totally would have screamed too if that calf ran towards me! I'm totally scared of cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been awesome to see a bunch of witches and costumed people running down the road :) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cowboys. Love the shirt, Kyle. Wow, g-pa Ballard looks like a real old fashioned cowboy (oxygen and all).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could have gone. I Love seeing pictures of grandpa ballard out on the ranch. Madi would have been thrilled to play with Jasmin. Stupid Head lice outbreak.

    ReplyDelete