HOME

2

By far this is the most creative date
It was Valentines day 2002. I remember in the weeks prior he was feverishly trying to find ice skates.
Valentines day comes and when it gets dark he drives me to Kolob. It is snowy so we only get to the black canyon in his Corsica. We get out of the car and he blind folds me. I protested the whole time because snow is slippery of course. He mad me leave it on, and guides me through black canyon in the dark with a blind fold on. Black canyon isn't a short distance, I bet it was easily a mile walk. So we get to his destination and he made me keep the blindfold on while he went and did something. He comes back and lets me take off the blindfold. He led me to a little pond on Kolob that had iced over. The first thing I saw was the pond lit up by candles. He brought hot chocolate for us to drink, and then I realized why he was trying to find ice skates. I had mentioned to him a few times before this that I had always wanted to try ice skating, and the creative devil he was remembered this and planned this whole date for me. He found ice skates randomly from Brian Hadley. We sipped hot coco and tried ice skating on the candle lit pond.
Creative as a beast that Kyle is

1 comment:

  1. He was very creative! Too bad the creativity diminishes once you say 'I do'. Actually, I think trying to figure out marriage and raising kids is just, or more, exciting than the dating years. Maybe I just don't know, because we kind of skipped those dating years and went right to marriage. All I know is I'm so glad he finally sealed (literally and metaphorically) the deal and married you. What a great addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete