HOME

In memoriam of Carol Jackson Collins



Carol Jackson Collins
Carol is my grandmother, my grandmother I have never met. She passed away when my mom was only 6 weeks old. She was living in Seattle because my Grandpa Ova Collins was in the military. As the story goes my mom's grandma Stratton (my ggma), went to Seattle picked up my Mom and her siblings, and the casket, and took the train to Cedar city. I guess my mom screamed the whole time because back in that day they only had canned milk and it spoiled on the trip. When my Grandpa Stratton picked them up in Cedar he said "we will never raise her." Meaning, she was so skinny and sickly looking from not eating, that he didn't think she would survive. Well, she proved him wrong didn't she;)
After Coco's Graduation we went to the St. George cemetery and put flowers on all 3 of my Great Grandma Stratton's kids graves. She had a son named Gerald who died when he was 17, then my mom's mom died, then her son Martin died in 1992. She (my Great Grandma Stratton) buried all three of her kids. Now that is something I never want to have to experience ever!! They are all buried there because she lived in St. George while she was a nurse at the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I love this, I love this. I can't wait to meet Grandma Jackson if she is anything like mom she is one GREAT woman.

    ReplyDelete