HOME

Safety For The Soul



My beautiful cousin Tami got married Saturday to a wonderful guy named Dustin Terry. We were lucky enough to be invited to the sealing at the St. George Temple. Elder Holland is Dustin's uncle so he made plans to seal the couple. It was a beautiful ceremony and Elder Holland talked for almost an hour and a half giving Tami and Dustin advice, but really he helped everyone in the room better understand the meaning of the temple. He is a very kind and funny man, one of the first things he said was, "In the words of Yogi Bear, we are glad you two made this moment necessary." We all started laughing. There wasn't a dry eye in the room during most of the wedding. We were able to shake his hand afterwards, we were surprised to see him at the luncheon as well.

The above video is one of Kyle's favorite conference talks. He has watched or listened to it probably a couple dozen times. Elder Holland is one of our favorite apostles to listen to during conference. It is amazing the feeling I got during the sealing and when I shook his hand. It is a moment I will never forget.

I don't have any pictures of the wedding but as soon as I do you bet you will see them:)

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I love him as well. What a special thing to be part of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is one of my favorites too! That must have been an amazing wedding. What an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete