HOME

Independence Day Part Uno

Sac town was very hot and humid while we were there. To cool the kiddos down we got in the pool, but when we couldn't swim we turned on the sprinklers. I showed the "twins" how to drink the water. Granty was pretty cute trying to catch the water.
Summer and I were practicing our photography skills. She was reading a book she purchased, and I read PW's aperture 4 part tutorial. I took the one of Granty below and she took the ones of Gus. We still were confused about everything, and we found out our cameras do a whole lot more then we ever new. I edited it on picnik and I saturated the colors too much so he looks a little jaundice:)ha

I love this photo because what you don't know is Gus was SCREAMING while I was forcing his hand in place. Looks so peaceful doesn't it. I saw this picture on pinterest and I wanted to capture the same moment, it was a lot harder then I thought it would be.

This one is my FAVORITE! Look at those big dark brown eyes, melts my little heart
We went to the Independence day parade in Roseville. It was 20% better then parades in Hurricane, which isn't saying much. The kiddos enjoyed it, luckily we were a little late so we caught the tail end of it.

Took us awhile to do this. I was a little handicapped with my shutter speed. I thought it was as slow as it would go then at the very end we figured out it would stay open long enough to do his whole name and then some. These photos were taken individually and the hard way. Kyle was a good sport though and got really good at spelling backwards by the end:)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. Great lighting in those ones of Gus. I am still jealous you all got to hang out together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I want to know what you did for the pictures of Gus. Love the look of them. Did you know you have a way to keep the shutter speed open as long as you want? It is the bulb setting. Look it up in your manual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting, Em. I'm going to just link to your so I don't have to duplicate it. Especially thanks for coming. We had a lot of fun. Noah's pretty bored now that he doesn't have Kyle to pester. I took the kids to the dollar movie today, so I can slowly get them used to hanging out with just me again.

    ReplyDelete