HOME

8 Month Mister

this was me last year at this time

Gusbert is 8 months today! Poor kid has been sick all day. When I lay him in bed at night he will usually cry anywhere from 1-20 minutes then go to sleep. Last night when I laid him down, his cry was different. Real tears coming down, and a scream beyond screams. So after 15 minutes I went back in, I know you aren't supposed to do this, but his cry was so different. I tried everything to get him to sleep, we even went on a late night drive. He fussed the entire drive, which is unusual as well. Well, this morning we got up I fed him and gave him his antacid medicine, then I decided to pull some weeds outside. I put him on a blanket outside with me with some books to look at and a few minutes later I looked up at him and he had a pile of puke by/on him and all over the books. Then a few moments later he started projectile vomiting. He has a fever and has puked 1 more time since the outside incident. So I canceled my work appointments for the day and have just tried to comfort him all day. This will be his first sickness, poor little boy.

Well on a happier note these are some things the little man has been up to this past month.
-he is army crawling (I have yet to get a good video of it)
-he got two teeth on the bottom
-he goes to bed between 8-9 and wakes up at 5-6 to eat then wakes up for the day at 8
-he takes 2 naps a day
-he is trying to sign bird (it may be the cutest thing ever

5 comments:

  1. Oh the flu is the worst. Two of my kids got it a couple months ago. I sat up all night as Brooks puked and dry heaved. Then got to do it again with Meg and then again with Brooks. I am pretty gun shy when ever I hear any sound remotely the same. I like to let them eat a Popsicle in a lukewarm bath and let them play in the water even after it is cold. or even just in cold water running in the sink. I have some pedialyte ice pops if you want them. They are like otter pops. Hope it passes soon. Call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! Poor kid :( Hope he gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( It's so heart breaking to have a sick kid. I have had my fair share of throwing up and probably the share of like 1,000 other people(no joke.) You're lucky this is the first time and he's already so old! Hopefully he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My poor baby Gus. So sad. When I first saw this post, I thought you were announcing something......like another baby. I hope baby Gus is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little Gus. Corry told me last night, Hunny did you know Gus has been sick? I think he is the cutest boy I have ever seen. ... He has Corry's heart.

    ReplyDelete