HOME

shhhh.



finally finished my quiet book pages, well its been a week. I was happy with the way they turned out!! My page was a fishing page. I sewed (by hand) four fish out of felt, stuffed there little bellies full of fiberfill, put a washer in their bellies, and hot glued googly eyes on them. I cut a fish bowl out of grey felt, then cut water and a sand bottom out of blue and brown felt. I then attached the water to the bowl. The last step for the bowl was to apply the vinyl to the outside. I made a huge mistake by throwing away the paper backing that comes with the vinyl. The paper allows the vinyl to feed through your sewing machine, so without it the vinyl sticks to the foot of the sewing machine and wont sew. To solve this problemo I cut out MORE bowls using parchment paper then sewed the entire bowl together. The fishing pole is paintbrushes with the bristle snapped off. I heated a needle and made holes at the end of the pole for the fishing line to go through. The worm was created by Kdiddy. He used his fly tying skills to make us those, I used wire cutters to cut off the hook and barb. Then I hot glued those babies on the magnet and I was done. phew:)

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I wish I had more time... school is drowning me. I have a cute pattern and fabric to make Gus a hat. I might have to give it to you unfinished since you are ambitious enough to actually get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out just darling!! Gus will have lots of fun with this. Good job Kyle for helping, You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You are amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so great. I'm afraid I totally missed the boat on the quiet book group? My sister sent me these ideas that I like:
    http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2011/01/quiet-book-templates.html
    http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/07/quiet-book-templates.html
    http://quietbook.blogspot.com/

    I just need to find the motivation to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um...I have a hard time being quiet in church as well. I may or may not definitely need one of those. Mine might need to have pockets filled with treats too:). Thanks big boy

    ReplyDelete