HOME

QUIET BOOK GROUP

**UPDATE** THERE WILL BE 10 IN THE GROUP NOW ONE OF THE GIRLS DROPPED

I haven't heard back from everyone, but I think we are going to have 11 in the group!! So excited:) I have had some questions on the binding. I left some ideas below.
Summer had a good idea for binding. she said to do a zipper all the way around so nothing falls out!
Below are some pictures of Mary's quiet book. She is the girly that headed our last quiet book group. She did 2 button holes on each page and bound with yarn. You could also buy those silver rings at michaels or any other craft store to bind the book together. Or however you would like to bind your pages you can do it, that is why we are leaving them unbound. We make our own cover and back page as well. She had a neat idea of putting a pocket on the inside cover for snacks, activities, and extra stuff you might have. (pictured below)

Button-closure and two button holes on each page, bound with yarn make it easy to add to the book.



so far I have
Emily-potato head(zipper and velcro) (shoe lace tying)
Mindee-piggy bank (money) (counting)
Nicole-circus monkey (colors)
Andrea- road with cars
Leslie- counting
Summer- elephant that eats peanuts (since we have an adding page already:)
Tara- caterpillar (buttons or snaps) OR moms bag (with misc. items)
Jen
Lindsey
Dallas

8 comments:

  1. I want to do a page with a road and some cars. Perhaps (if we need another...) I would do two pages so I could have two books. But only if we need another person. In that case I think it would be fun to do a color/shape matching page. Simple, but still useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, 11 people is plenty!! Not complaining by any means. I just know that these pages take a lot of work. Another idea for finishing the books is doing a zipper all the way around (zipping up front and back pages) so nothing falls out. I'll get back to you on some page ideas soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind, I'm not going to think about it. Here are some ideas. You choose.
    1. Elephant that eats peanuts (pull his tail and he sucks up peanuts)
    2. Monster puzzles
    3. Some sort of adding page (one frog plus 2 pigs equals 3). Don't know how I'd do this page yet, but maybe 2 turning wheels with a + sign in the middle and then numbers in the pocket to answer with.
    OK, you choose, Em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this one. what do you think?

    http://joeandanna.blogspot.com/2010/11/quiet-book-tutorial-c-is-for-counting.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. * the caterpillar with buttons or snaps or the mom's bag page (adding a button or snap) found here: http://aprongirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/quiet-book.html
    * Noah's Ark with finger puppets
    * Or shoe tying
    Let me know what you think. I am going to St. George today and would love to get stuff to start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, completely adorable :) If I were as talented as all of you, or just knew how to sew, I would totally be in. You are are amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute ideas. Love the mom's bag and I have a picnic one I found too. We might have to do this again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow looks like I need to figure out mine! Anyone have one they want?? I will do it if so!

    ReplyDelete