HOME

My Birthright, My ManChild, My Son, My Gus

99 Post, 100 post will be after our Man Child arrives
In no particular order reasons for the name Augustus Kyle Ballard

1. Main character's name in favorite book/soon to be movie, "The River Why" by David James Duncan
2. Main character in another awesome book/movie, "Lonesome Dove", by Larry Mcmurtry
3. One of my favorite fishing authors name is A.K. Best, would have same initials.
4. When you miss a big fish, its usually referred to as Gus.
5. Augustus Dodge is a name of a 4th great grandpa of mine that was part of the Mormon Battalion and was one of the founders of Toquerville.
6. Found out the other night from my girl Shirles(Shirley Last), that the late Garth Last was referred to as "Gus" most of his life.
7. Manly name
8. You can't not like a kid named Gus
9. Not the best friend of Mark Antony or the guy killed by Brutus., he was weak:)
10. Did i mention it is manly.
11. Augustus is a Latin derived word with Augment, to make greater... manly
12. Not from the fat kid in Willy Wonka that drinks the chocolate river or the fat mouse off of Cinderella.
13, My grandma doesn't like Finn, she says I was watching to much Law & Order, lol
14. Its in the Bible baby, Remember who got Jesus to Bethlehem, BOOM
Other names considered: Finn Augustus Ballard and Duncan Kyle Ballard

This has been a topic of great debate between Kyle and me. From the list above you can see I rarely won the debate. I have been totally against the name since he said his first boy would be named this (about a year and a half ago). I like Gus, it is just that Augustus is a pretty distinct and unique name. After a discussion with Shirls the other night she said it is distinguished and she promises that this boy would turn out like all of her sons so I had to agree:)

5 comments:

  1. I think it's super cute. Good luck this week Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has always been baby Gus to us! :) Whatever you go with I think is cute. . . Finn was one of the names on my list for Brooks. Don't worry what anyone else thinks. Yell it across the yard and see how it sounds. :)

    Good luck this week! Enjoy the next few days. Enjoy the moment. Make Kyle be there with you. He will regret it if he misses it.

    We love you guys and are so excited for little Gus to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very distinguished name :) I also like Finn though! Only 2 more days, hang in there! Still hoping that we can maybe have our boys on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, the other night I woke up to feed Miss Macy and Andy couldn't sleep and was on his phone looking at your blog. He said to me this is on Kyle & Emily's blog: "My Birthright, My ManChild, My Son, My Gus" and I cracked up laughing at 3 AM.

    Distinct and unique is good. Did you know Andy's name is Patrick Andrew?

    As I write this, I know you guys are in the process of bringing the little guy here and I am so excited for you and hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I really like it. I like April's advice too. I'll have to yell our next kids' names to test them out...

    ReplyDelete