HOME

Conference Saturday






Conference Saturday we set out to the ranch to find pine nuts. We borrowed Bruce's four wheeler and explored for some of those pricey nuts. We found lots of pinyon pines, but all of the pine nuts on them were hallow. We are thinking it is too dry out there for them. Dirk and Thad  ended up being out there, and they found some cattle in the sands that were missed a couple of weeks ago and needed to be brand.  Luckily Kyle was wearing his cowboy get up so he was able to help them out. I think Grandpa had 4 steer that were missed. I heard lots of interesting stories that day. Stories about a girl who castrated a cow with her teeth (it was one of Dirk's daughters friends from college). I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard that, she said that is how they do it where she is from. Yuck! We had a little picnic in water canyon then Gus kept saying home, which means he was tired so we loaded up and left. It was a lovely Saturday full of making memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment