HOME

Chicks have arrived

Gus seeing them for the first time, he didn't quite understand at first...




Chicks have arrived and Gus loves them. He is "pretty" good at being soft with them. Loves giving them kisses. They were the loudest three chicks I have ever heard on Saturday when we got them but they have quieted down a lot since then. We got one silkie bantam (the white one) and I don't remember the kind of the other two. Silkie doesn't have a name yet but Kyle named the other ones Over and Easy. lol. They are making me somewhat vegetarian right now. I get very queasy while eating, I start thinking about them and then it is all down hill from there. I could only eat one blueberry muffing the morning we got them, then for lunch we decided to have chicken sandwiches (the canned kind from costco), that didn't go over too well. I have always had a issue with eggs, I seldom eat eggs alone by themselves so these cute little chicks are just adding to my problem.  Silkie will look like the white chicken below.  They are supposed to be more like a cat then chicken very tame, and likable. They have black meat which is disturbing to think about but they are the cutest chickens ever!

2 comments:

  1. Brice was so soft with grandma's chicks and then he became a murderer and then he did not understand why the little bird would not move. Just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Looks like Gus is licking the chick. :) I can't believe you guys are farmers now. Owning chickens makes you farmers, I think.

    ReplyDelete