HOME

Grandma Scholzen

{this was our view on the way home from visiting Gma}

We drove to the Beehive home in Coral Canyon on Sunday to say one last goodbye to Grandma Scholzen. She looked comfortable and peaceful. We got the word last night that she passed away. The rest of the evening we spent reminiscing on all of the fun memories we had of her. We stayed up until 12:30 talking about her. When we finally got serious about going to bed I was overcome with sadness purely for selfish reasons.  I know she is in a better place and better yet she is reunited with Grandpa Jack and all of her friends and family.  I can't imagine living without Kyle for as long as she lived without Grandpa Jack. It is hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful woman, and it is even harder knowing Gus will grow up with out her in his life. 

Some of our favorite memories, some need explanations.....

Kyle running away to her house
Coffee and squirrel tea cup  and drinking hot chocolate
Bras and arrowheads
Jazz Games
Pepsi and chocolate
Going to the cabin
Foot Rubs

October 2011

May 2010

November 2010

November 2009

December 2010

December 2010

April 2010

This was taken just 2 weeks ago at Christmas. She was trying to play catch with Gus. She had such a fun spirit that I often see in all of Kyle's family!

2008

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I could have written this post. Ty and I did the same thing. I am sad to lose her but I think I am most sad for brooks because he isn't going to remember that special bond they had. I also would have guessed that Kyle running away to her house would have made the list. I can't believe she wouldn't tell my mom that he was there, even after she asked. Wat a funny lady.

    ReplyDelete