HOME

scope eye



Kyle had a little mishap last week. He went on his nightly 22 mile bike ride, and when he was riding past M&I Greenhouses he saw two innocent little coyotes. Well, after his bike ride (an hour later) he made me and Gus go out with him to see if they were still there. Unfortunately they were still there so he gets out of the truck, grabs his gun, and crosses the road. I was mad (I hate guns and thought what he was doing was lame) so I didn't watch the rest. I hear the shot, look over as he turned to me and his face was covered in blood. I get out to go see if he is
okay and just then 3 or 4 cars pass by (I wonder what they thought). Kyle gets into the truck and I am yelling at him to put pressure on it still not knowing what happened. I honestly thought he got shot somehow. I make him let me drive home and this is the story he tells me. He was so excited because the dumb coyotes were out in plain sight during the day, so he rests his gun on the barbed wire fence. He couldn't see through his scope very well but still shoots. The gun came back (recoiled) and smacked him right between the eyes. Gun people call this scope eye. I was so mad at him, I told him Gus was never going shooting or hunting with him EVER. So now everyday he comes home with a new story of someone he knows that got scope eye trying to convince me that scope eye is sooo unbelievable common. I still hate guns even after all of his stories.
The next day Kyle went to see if the coyotes were still there, and guess what they were. So he changed guns and shot one of them, and found out he also hit the one that gave him scope eye the night before.


6 comments:

  1. Aw that is so sad. I'm with you on the guns and hunting. I'm glad Clint's not into that. He doesn't like killing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wound Chucky. Did the superglue work? Next time, leave the poor animals alone. What are you going to do with them now? Can't eat them, so it's barbaric to kill them, Kyle! Don't you remember your first dear? What happened to that remorse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Punjab, superglue worked like a champ, thanks for the tip. What can I do with dead coyotes? Who cares! Coyotes are a nuisance over size rat. I'm from ranching blood and it has shone through over the years. Also, I use their tails for fly tying. However, on the deer when I was 14 I was unprepared for the size of death that a deer was. I'm cool with it now, paying for food and such. $60 for a tag to kill a freezer full worth of meet, I think yes. That's also why I made Noah keep that fish and eat it, its important to see where your food comes from. Has Adam taken him back yet? They will be biting I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy told me this story! So epic. Andy has a similar scar - now they both look like harry potter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ty did that too but he was like 10!

    ReplyDelete