HOME

Projects

Kyle and I have a little bit of a problem, we get really attached to t shirts. So we started making a pile of shirts to make into a quilt. The pile grew and grew and grew and by the time I got to it we had enough t shirts for a king sized quilt. Some of the shirts are from our trip to Europe in 2005 so they are pretty old!

I made the below quilt in February, and just finished it last month. The plan was to hand quilt it, but after just 20 minutes and only two inches of quilting done I decided I would just pay for it to get quilted. My neighbor has a fancy quilting machine so I took it to her. I love how it turned out!
My photo collage wall was the brain child of our fabulous friends the Funderburks. It is still a work in progress but I am loving how it is coming together. I made the B with yarn and a wood B. I think I am going to make a smaller pendant banner, well not smaller just smaller pendants with more patterns and texture to them.

6 comments:

  1. Love the quilts. I have the boys quilts done, but only in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I am working a collage wall too. but I need the weather to cool down so I can spray paint the frames outside. I like that you incorporated different things than just pictures. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps love the quilts and so funny about kyle's guns :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out sooo great. Love the teal frames on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, it is awesome, great job. I love the "B"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are what I call Martha/Molly! Martha Stewart/Molly Mormon. I'm glad your my sister!

    ReplyDelete