HOME

she's my cherry pie

above is the famous cherry pitter



The never ending cherry bowl all started with the above cherry pie I made on Sunday. Kyle said it was the best pie he has ever eaten. I highly doubt that statement. We took a couple of slices to Dustin Dayley who let us pick his cherries. Dustin ends up telling Kyle that he might as well go pick more cherries. Do you see where this is heading. I get home on Monday and there are numerous bowls filled with cherries. So I was put to the task of bottling cherry pie filling. I told Kyle it took me 30 minutes on Sunday to pit 4 cups of cherries, and there is no way I could pit 36 cups of cherries in one evening. So when he was in Stg. he picked up the neatest kitchen tool ever. The cherry pitter (I don't know what it is really called), I was able to pit 36 cups of cherries in 30-45 minutes. Cherry pie filling is really pretty easy to bottle, just takes time like everything.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad I don't really like cherry pie. That looks yummy. I love the picture of the bowl of cherries with the light on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Summer's comment. i too love the picture of the cherries with the light on it. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete