HOME

Lake to Lake Relay






I participated in my first ever 50 miler team relay on Saturday. I have never been cool enough to be invited to a team, but finally my dreams came true and I got invited to the Lake to Lake relay by some co-workers. We started at Gunlock Reservoir and ended at Sand Hollow. I had legs 1 and 6. I was the first to run so I ran from Gunlock which was freezing cold and windy, then my next leg was the Man o War trail in Stg. I was so proud of myself I ran 9:00 minute miles on both legs, I was planning on doing at least 10. Running the second leg was so hard, my legs felt like they were 100 pounds each. So each of us besides Debo(pictured above) ran 10 miles, Debo did 12 and did the brutal 8 mile leg at the end. This race so much more fun then I thought it was going to be. The weather couldn't have been nicer, I just wish I would have run more then 1 time the month before. I am so sore I can't hardly walk!! Our team name was Kicking Assphalt. 
Below is the team we were trying to beat, and yes we did by a long shot. This is them yelling for their teammate to finish as we were driving away! My co-workers learned that I am a bit competitive;)

3 comments:

  1. That is totally awesome! Great job Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean best weather? That sounds freezing! Sounds like you did great though. Makes me excited and nervous for mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. how bout they upped (spelling?) their game so they could run with you, you long distance monster...oh yeah btw the garage sales up here are awesome...last year i got a kitchen aid mixer, the nicer one, the artisan, for $7, I cleaned it up and resold it for $125.

    ReplyDelete