HOME

demo derby



I was fortunate enough to attend my very first demolition derby on Saturday. Why would I want to attend such a wt event you ask? Well SPC had a car entered in the event and the driver is one of Kyles friends so we needed to support. It was an interesting event to say the least, the atmosphere was very wt, but I did enjoy the derby more than I thought I would have. SPC did not win but I think it was the best looking car there. Rowdy (the driver) spent hours upon hours the last year getting it ready. We went to check on it the night before, and he was using a sharpie marker to touch up the paint job in some areas (a little OCD) but it looked nice. If I was smarter than my computer right now I would upload a video of the blessed event, but lo I am not so you get still photography:)

2 comments:

  1. I loved the demo derby!! There's just something about people watching, cars smashing into each other, snowcones, the smell of BO and booze, 100 degree weather and people with no teeth. We had a great time...i love the picture of Kyle and Cael. When Gus gets here, Cael is going to be jealous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WT or not it has always been fun, but not for my boys yet they hate to sit and be hot so we missed out this year. Aubrey had her baby yesterday a 9 pounder that they named Treyson.

    ReplyDelete