HOME

MAY 2019






MAY 2019:

Kyle is currently serving in the Elder's Quorum Presidency. So every Tuesday night he goes to the Lundeen's home for a meeting from 6-9 or 10. So that leaves me to do bath and bed, and the have a hard time listening to me sometimes. So the pictures of Gus and Oliver walking to school early one morning was their punishment one day, then they came home and used Grandma Linie's trailer to move wood from her house to ours. Gus was in tears by the second load. It broke my heart. It's hard to watch your kids do hard things. There is a great article about raising resilient children in the Ensign this month (August), but I found it online and it came out in 2012 originally. It talks about having our kids do hard things, so they can face hard things when they are older and be able to handle it. We took the kids to the baseball fields one night to hit balls, the HHS team was there so we went to the football field and listened to their music and played around. The kids love when we do that. Oliver and I had cavities fixed. His poor face was swollen for a long while, and he kept chewing on the inside of his cheek and got a big sore. We went mountain biking out at the Gem trail with the kiddos, I just stayed on the dirt road with Walter. He loved it, Kyle said the kids did really well. Jack even crashed hard and didn't even cry. We finished our pecans this month finally. They were a lot of work, I think we got 10 or 12 gallon bags of pecans. There is a pic of Walter aka babushka holding a golf club. That kid loves to golf and loves having a bat in his hand. Trying to take either away is a chore. For Mother's Day and Momma Becky's bday we as girls went to Red Mountain Spa and got a massage together then we had lunch there. It was really fun, my favorite part was the steam sauna. That same night Kyle took 3 of the boys to the father and sons outing. They went to the Quail Creek scout camp. Deloy did aerial bows and arrows with everyone, they watched a movie, had cobbler. Kyle ate like a truck driver that day, and towards the evening he started feeling sick. He thought it was because he ate horribly all day, then had cobbler and hot dogs that night, but right before bed he started throwing up. He said it hit him hard, and he threw up all night, he was too weak to pack up in the middle of the night. Those poor campers around him, and our poor kids, and poor Kyle. He pulled in, hoped out of the truck, kids still half asleep in the morning, and went straight to bed. He didn't get out of bed until 7 or 8 pm. He slept the entire day. I took the kids hiking up the new mountain bike trail by three falls with Kason. Then later that evening I started getting sick. Luckily Kyle started feeling better right when I started to get sick. It was an awful mothers day thats for sure. Jack wanted to ride his bike to school, so after I dropped off the kids, I pulled over and had him ride the couple blocks to his pre school class at Chelsea Johnsons house on 700 West. He thought it was awesome, he still talks about it. He starts preschool in La Verkin today (Sept) and he asked just the other day if he could ride his bike all the way there. I'm pretty sure he could. He rides it on my runs which are 4-5 miles long. Gus went to the regional science fair at DSU. He said it was so boring. I remember going and thinking the same thing. They need to spice it up for the little tykes. You literally just sit there for 4 hours. Super boring. Jack and Oliver are getting so much better on their skateboards. Oliver is actually pretty good for a 6 year old. Kyle finished up coaching Gus and Oliver's baseball team. We let Jack hit the very last game. I got an awesome video of it. He was better than some of the kids on the team. Mary Lu let us swim in her spa one evening, the kids love her spa. Oliver wrote Jack the "nicest" note during church one day. Jack was pestering him so he wrote Jack is a beest. Oliver also had his end of school year patriotic program. I love this program, because they teach them the Star Spangled Banner, and all of the patriotic songs. Its so cute. We missed Jack's PreK graduation, so we hit the end of it and did the fun things. He rode a horse, then we went on the Johnson's homemade yoyo which was a blast. I was so surprised Jack got on the horse himself and rode it, I thought for sure he would be too scared. It was rainy the last day of school, so a bunch of my friends and their kids met at a church to play indoor dodgeball. Tricia Beardall Michler moved to Maine a couple days later so we had to say goodbye to her that day too. It was so very sad. She's a fun momma to have around. We met at the cemetery with Linda's fam to do graves. It was a lot better this year for some reason. I don't know why, can't remember. Last year I remember thinking I didn't want to go the next year?? We hiked Water Canyon in Hildale with Amy's fam. The kids did so well. Walter of course had the nice ride on mine or Kyle's back in the backpack. We made it to the very end, beautiful waterfall. When I went with the Elder's a few years ago it was 130 degrees, I was pregnant with Walter and sick, and Kyle wasn't with me just my sis Ash and her kids. I thought I was literally gonna die. It was hard, hot and the poor kids. After our hike this year we went to the brewery or pub in Hildale. They are famous for their pretzels. It was huge and tasty. The kids loved it. I can't believe there are pictures of the kids wearing their big coats in May. Memorial Day was freezing, so we took the kids to STG where we rode scooters on the water tower below the dixie hill. My mom used to go to dances in her youth on it. Gus went to a  basketball camp at HHS. Todd Langston is the coach, its usually a really good camp. Plus, he gives his extra shirts to my littles that can't attend so its a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment