HOME

Pecan Harvesting




Saturday the 19th of January brought another year of pecan harvesting. I posted a video so you could see what exactly we do. A big tractor comes and wraps its claws around the tree and violently shakes. Pretty Neat eh. Then us low lifes have to go and hole them (take off the outer dark shell so my mom can crack them). We tarp the ground under the trees so it makes it easier to dump into a big pile. Gus thought the tractor was pretty neat. My mom has 5 pecan trees, and Mike finally let her shake the middle 3 trees this year. Probably made her year right there. The pecans are good this year, the back tree has the best nuts. It was a perfect day for nut harvesting, its funny to drive around town I think everyone in Hurricane does it the same day, so you see family after family outside raking, and picking up nuts. The pictures are from my camera so they are a little crappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment