HOME

Christmas Eve 2012













Christmas Eve was very different from years past. We usually go to the Scholzen party in the afternoon, then at 6 we go to the Ballard party in Rockville, then after that we go to my mom's, and last but not least we head to Kyle's parents. This year there was no Scholzen party, then right before we left to go to Rockville we found out Kyle's grandpa had to go to the hospital because he had pneumonia. We also learned that all the sick kiddos were at Bruce and Linie's so we didn't go there either. We ended up just going to my Mom's for her dinner and her nativity. Gus hates to be overstimulated I have come to realize. There were a million kiddos running around at my mom's and he was a monster, but as soon as most of them left he was his happy little self again. So frustrating! After my mom's we drove around and looked at Christmas lights and tried to find Rudolph's nose. When we got home I did a little Q and A with Gus to write to Santa. He very much dislikes Santa and if you say the S word in front of him he gets very distraught and says Santa Nice? 
I asked him if he wanted Santa to come to his house and he said "No Santa come"
I asked if he would like to leave cookies for Santa or carrots for the reindeer his reply "no cookies santa" "reindeer carrots"
I asked if he was a good boy or bad boy he said "bad boy"
then out of the blue he said "Elf mad"
I asked what he wanted for Christmas and he said "trains"

It was a funny little q&a we had, hopefully he warms up to Santa next year...

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Gus in front of the tree, so cute.

    ReplyDelete