HOME

Finally

After almost three years of washing dishes in the bathroom sink, we have a kitchen! It was a ton of work, but I am in love with our finished product. There are still a couple more things to do, like hang the hood over the oven, so just imagine there is a stainless steel modern hood above the oven in this first pic!

During the Construction

Yes that is 1970's green carpet in the kitchen, we couldn't decide whether to keep the carpet or remove it, the same goes for the fake wood paneling:)
Yikes
The owner before us was a chain smoker, when I wiped down all the cupboards my rag was stained yellow from the smoke. We still have one bathroom that we need to remodel that has the same wood in it, and every time I clean I get the same stained yellow rag. I would say she smoked too much but that would be an understatement. We spent a lot of extra money getting the smoke smell to leave this blessed home!
We had a wonderful architect (Kenny Last) help with the plans, he is one amazing man!

5 comments: