HOME

JULY 2020



























































































Annual Cambria 4th of July trip. We invited our neighbors Landon and Kirsti White to tag along. They could only stay from Thursday to Tuesday, but we packed everyday full of beaches and yummy food. I hope they loved it as much as we did. The 4th was super chill because of COVID. The beaches in that county were open thankfully, but they didn't do their parade in Cayucous or the fireworks at the beach. We had so much fun. We bought 2 surfboards off of craigslist the last couple of days, so we all tried to master it. I'm excited to take them to the beach again to try again. We all boogie boarded our hearts out, and played in the sand 6-7 hours a day. Someone at the beach taught us how to get clams out of the sand, so we got a bunch, and cooked them up for dinner one day. I didn't like them very much 

This little dude can never be left out. We just tied a string to the end of his fishing pole and he just loads it up with basically a whole bottle of bait.



Kyle went to his Mom's and got his old catching gear out of the attic. The kids thought it was pretty awesome.

Summer produce. This was one of our best weeks. I bottled like 13 quart jars of tomatoes. We froze a bunch of cubed zucchini too.

Our Just Go Wild Camping box. Kyle got it ready for an upcoming camping trip to the Boulder Mountains.

More produce from the garden.


Gus pitching in a game in Kanab. He did so well this game.

Scorpion hunting at its finest. Gus kept telling me that the scorpions looked like they had babies on their backs. I didn't believe him for a couple of days, but then when I went to deal with the scorpions one day I saw the evidence. They were so cute!




Gus had baseball practice at the little league fields, and this particular morning it was blasted hot, so we loaded up the kids bikes and took them to the pump track. They had a lot of fun, and it was fun for me because they weren't whining for 10 minutes;)



Sometimes as a mom you have to let the little make a mess. Its one of the things that is hardest for me as a mom. But look there is proof I let the kids do two different messes.






Things to keep them entertained during Gus' baseball tournament.




24th of July fun at Gma Becky's. No parade this year, thank goodness. I hate the 24th of July parade, its the absolute worst for many reasons. We spent many hours watching the kiddos go down the water slide. I opted not to so I didn't break my feet again. I have PTSD from it
















We finally took the paddle board to Kolob. If I trusted the fools up there I would leave it, but Linda's kayaks get lots of use from randoms up there. Kyle helped Gma Linie wash all of the really high cabin windows. You can see him on top cleaning them. My kids showed Gma and Gpa how good they are at making fires with their flint and stones. We made the yummiest homemade corndogs with Gma and Gpa at the cabin. Oliver especially loved them. 





Nicholas likes to do cheerleading holds with my kids. Jack's the best at it. Lindsey and I trained all Summer for the STG marathon, thats a pic of a selfie one morning. Walt being his usual weird self. He loves juice. The moment we took away his usual sippy cup he wouldn't drink milk anymore, so he downs tons of juice.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment