HOME

I just might loose this one

What does running 26.2 miles, without any training, do to your left big toe?

Ever since Saturday I have been denying the fact that I might loose my toenail, but I think I just might loose it. I started feeling my left toenail lift about mile 18 on the downhill portions of the race, little did I know just what my toenail was up to. I drain it every night, what you all wanted to read I know, and I am still getting drainage 5 days later! yuck! I am supposed to run the Nike Women’s Marathon again in 2 weeks, but with this toenail I might reconsider. It is surprisingly very sensitive. (this is the first toenail I will loose out of 7 marathons, that is a pretty good record I think)

6 comments:

  1. Stop running already, it's not worth it. Why do people torture themselves? I know I have no room to talk after what I did to myself in ballet. Cute toenail polish though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I think I would have stopped at mile 18 when I thought it was tearing away - you are either very crazy or very brave (or maybe a bit of both :) But your nail polish makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, at least your toes are still cute...even with drainage coming out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch!! That has got to be the worst... hurt toes are not fun, I have had my fair share of them (not from marathon's though, just from clumsiness). Actually my first bad experience was when cody thompson dropped his desk on my middle toe in third grade and I lost that nail.. it grew back funky. Hopefully yours miraculously stays attached. Don't quit running, once you stop you won't go back, or at least I wouldn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Cute pedicure though! I don't know how your marathoners do it, it seems like torture! Jared's dad loses the same toenail every year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey it's steph.. just found ur blog!
    I'd sacrifice a toenail to be able to run 18 miles!! heck I'd like to be able to run more than 2!
    I'm going to hop on my hippy train and recommend going to the health food store and buying some comfrey salve. It helps promote muscle, skin, tissue, and bone regrowth. clean ( i use hydrogen peroxide) , apply thickly, and bandage twice a day. I saved my daughters pinky fingernail this way. it takes a while but it works.

    ReplyDelete