HOME

SEPTEMBER 2020



























Well we officially have been married for 11 years! We did the most fun thing that day, we took our paddle board and Linda's kayak and floated down Marble Canyon below Lake Powell. I was so nervous before hand. The water is 45 degrees so hypothermia sets in within minutes of being submerged, but I talked to my friend Leesha who has done it multiple times, and she calmed my nerves. Even the night before I was thinking maybe I'll just tell kyle Walter is sick. I was that nervous. We started bright and early and it was smooth sailing. Kyle fished and kayaked, and I paddle boarded the entire time. It took us 4.5 hours. We met a fun girl from Georgia who was just on a solo trip out West so I adopted her and told her I was an answer to her moms prayers. We ate dinner at Jacob Lake after, and of course came home with yummy cookies. Thats what I paid Amy for babysitting:)











Lindsey Hurst and I registered for the St. George Marathon, but half way through they cancelled our race because of Rona. So we picked a day in September and did it ourselves. We run this 5 mile loop almost everyday, so we did that 5 times. It was kinda brutal towards the end, and I was so glad to have it over with. No more long training runs, no more 4 am start times. I told her to slap me if I try to register next year. Sweet Melissa Woodbury Jones, saw us and went home and made us our own medals out of her old stg marathon medals. I had Tina Lundeen laser cut a wood one for us. It was amazing. Lindseys dad made the coolest turned wood trophy for us. It was amazing too. 






Jack's poor skin. His mollescum has been such a bothersome thing this year, along with his bad excema behind his knee. Well, he developed a cyst too so he had to get it I&D. Poor kid was traumatized after. They only topically numbed it then halfway through they shot it with numbing. They should have shot it before. I think it was a learning experience for the dr. 

































Kolob Days. Mary Lu had a lot of fun crafts at Kolob. We painted bird houses, made cool air plant hangers. For conference Linda had us do stained glass thanks to April for helping and executing it, we made macrame plant holders as well. The kids did Legos. Conference was really good this year 






























Random September pictures. We got a new beverage fridge for the garage and gave our old one to our neighbors. These vintage fridges keep the beverages so cold. Gus caught a squirrel at Kolob, skinned it, and is going to have it tanned. He made his own stretcher for the skin. Gus helped my mom sew more masks for the USS Ronald Reagan, Jack and I made after school snacks for a bit. He made and decorated a chocolate cake one day, our kids love to play scrabble with us, Kinlee and Justin Thomas are still dating, he celebrated a birthday this month, Kyle bought some cool drinking glasses at the DI. I love when he finds cool things like that. Nicholas and Emilee moved into their new home they bought down from my mom on 180 West. 

















my friends from high school came for the weekend. My friend Onjali has triple positive breast cancer, so it was fun to be able to spend some quality time with her. She didn't get to my house until later friday evening. The rest of us before she got there met at Pasta Factory for nostalgia and had dinner. We went back to my place and just talked the night away. Poor Oni has a crappy hubby, and is going through some hard things. Kyle took the boys to Kolob for a guys weekend at the cabin. I went mountain biking with my friend Katie and Kyle which was a lot fo fun. I wish I could get out more to go mountain biking. Its a fun workout.  

My nephew jackson got into the Mr. Tiger royalty. Ashlee and Corry went to Mexico so I went to take pics and cheer him on. Took the kids to the homecoming parade right after I went mountain biking, good short parade, they way I like them. 

We watched cute little Lilee Joy while Nick and Emilee went with her little brother through the temple before his mission to Arkansas. She is the cutest thing. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment