HOME

a camping we will go







We decided to brave the elements and take our little family camping (in a tent) on Kolob. Everything was fine and dandy until bedtime... When we first got there we set up camp, made blt's but we forgot the tomatoes so really it was just a bacon sandwich. Delicious right?! We took Gus fishing, they even caught a cute little baby fish on their first cast. We purchased new sleeping bags that are -35 and a tent heater because the low was going to be 30 without the windchill. The sleeping bags were almost too good, I was sweaty all night but couldn't move because Oliver slept in my arms on one side and Gus had flipped himself sideways between Kyle and I and I had his feet in me the entire night. Gus woke up screaming a couple of times, which was sooo fun. We made lots of memories and learned what not to do for next time. Until the next camping trip...

7 comments:

  1. You guys are so brave! I seriously admire you because I wouldn't even attempt it. Way to be so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We camped at Lake Powell and I made them make room for the pack n play. I so want to do this with my kids. They love camping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun, regardless of the middle of the night screaming. That wouldn't be fun. Get lots of practice so we can camp the redwoods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures. Looks like fun and reminds me of my childhood. Let's hope Andy and I can get up the gumption to take our kids one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, we are thinking about going camping ourselves this week. It would be our first time without our families that have EVERYTHING, so we will so how it goes. Bedtime is always tricky when youre not at home, hopefully next time will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fun to sleep in close proximity to kids who are not potty trained, risk exposure, wild carnivorous animals, and starvation while sleeping on a leaky air mattress over sharp rocks far from home. I'm really glad you guys did that. We're actually getting good at it, but my back is begging for an RV.

    ReplyDelete